Wednesday, October 2, 2024

All Prawny

 Rosa has finished her fried carrot cake and prawn. 

The flight attendant has taken the eco-friendly cardboard box and food scraps away.

But Rosa has retained the prawn tail.

She tips up her tray, and lifts the see-through container from under the seat in front of her.

She opens the lid and drops the prawn tail inside.

Thanks, Rosa! says the Kroombit tinker.

Yuck! It stinks! says Baby Pierre. Hurry up and eat it.

The tinker tries, but the soft part is wedged inside the prawn tail.

I can't get it out, says the tinker. Give me the pencil.

No way! says Baby Pierre.

You have to! says the tinker. If I can't get it out I can't eat it.

Okay then, says Baby Pierre.

The tinker takes the pencil and pokes it around in the prawn tail. 

She winkles the soft part out and eats it.

Thanks, you can have the pencil back now, says the tinker.

It's all prawny! says Baby Pierre

Rosa opens the lid again.

How was the prawn tail?

Yum, says the tinker, but could you clean Baby Pierre's pencil? 

Sure, says Rosa. How's his story going?

He's introducing a carrot, says the tinker.

To the Nullarbor? asks Rosa.

I know, says the tinker. But he's getting around it.

Give me the pencil, says Baby Pierre. 

Rosa wipes it on her leggings and gives him the pencil.

Baby Pierre writes (very small):

Ouvert and I continued our journey, the desert was hot and orange, it's like a fried carrot cake I said except it goes on and on. Ouvert was impressed with my evocative analogy. He said do you remember the time we were going to Le Havre, with that old wrinkled carrot? yes I said it was floating downstream while we tried to control it with string.......did we make it? asked Ouvert, yes we made it I said, but the carrot didn't, I think a bird ate it.

I LOVE this story says Rosa.

Me too, but I'm sad for the carrot, says the tinker.


No comments: