Monday, June 8, 2015

Six Broken Teeth

Next morning Farky is found to have six broken teeth.

How has this happened?

To find out, we must go back to last night at the Brave Little Tailor in Peel Street.

Sweezus and Arthur have met up with two girls and got talking.

Terence is bored.

(But is this boring? You be the judge).

Elena: You remind me of someone.

Arthur: I know.

Elena: Huh? What was that answer?

Arthur: I......no.

Sweezus: He doesn't like to be recognised.

Arthur: Nor does he.

Mattie: Oh. Are you someone too?

Terence: Can I have a sticky cake?

Sweezus: No, Terence.

Mattie: I'll buy you a sticky cake, little cherub.

Elena: Get me one too. You guys want one?

Arthur: I do.

Elena: Give me the money.

Arthur (feeling about in his pocket): Hey!

Sweezus: Stuck yourself with a needle? I told you.

Arthur (drawing out a small aromatic package): Forgot I had this.

He opens the package.

A strong herbal scent fills the air round the table.

Mattie (sniffing): Is that Ginko Biloba?

Elena: Nah. It's not that.

Mattie: Yeah it is.

Elena: Well you'd know, Mattie.

Sweezus: No kidding? What's it good for?

Mattie: It inhibits brain rusting. Protects the brain neurons from oxidative damage.

Sweezus: Heavy.

Arthur: No good to me. Who wants it? I don't want it.

Sweezus: Ha ha, you wouldn't.

Elena: Mattie's got something you might like better.

Terence: Sticky cake?

Arthur: What?

Elena: Damiana. The Aztecs used it as an aphrodisiac and dream promoter.....

Terence: IS ANYONE LISTENING?

No one is. Not to him anyway.

So Terence stomps out of the Brave Little Tailor.

He stomps all the way home.

At Sweezus's place it's perfectly quiet.

Terence goes round the the back.

Yes lucky. The door is unlocked.

He goes in, but he can't reach the light switch.

Suddenly. Raaaw! Six cracking sounds occur simultaneously.

Terence is unharmed, thanks to his essential nature being largely cement based.

But Farky's teeth are ruined, and the vet's bill will be astronomical.

No comments: