Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Sports Mad Psychologist

Arthur, Terence and Belle are at Sweezus's place.

Waiting for Sweezus.

There's a knock on the door.

Belle opens it.

Surfing-With-Whales! says Belle. Come in. Are you looking for Sweezie?

Kind of, says Surfing-With-Whales. Mum said she thought he had Farky.

Mm, says Belle. He does. They'll be back from the vet soon.

Vet? says Surfing-With-Whales

Farky bit me! says Terence. And I broke his teeth.

Yeah? scoffs Surfing-With-Whales. Like that would happen.

Farky broke his own teeth, says Arthur, standing up for the victim.

Long as I'm not paying, says Surfing-With-Whales.

The door is still open. Farky bounds in, followed closely by Sweezus.

How'd it go? asks Belle.

All good, says Sweezus. Dude! Mate! Good timing.

Yo, bro! says Surfing-With-Whales. Why good timing?

Because I need to ask you a favour, says Sweezus.

I'm not paying the vet's bill, says Surfing-With-Whales.

There's no vet's bill, says Sweezus. Gaius fixed the teeth with bull glue, for nothing.

Bull glue, says Surfing-With-Whales. You're joking.

And bull's wee, says Terence. His teeth stuck together!

That's not how he fixed it, says Sweezus.

Let's see, says Surfing-With-Whales. Come here, Farky. Show me.

Farky bares his teeth to Surfing-With-Whales.

Far out! says Surfing-With-Whales. What're those black bits?

The divine consciousness, says Om-Farky.

Crikey! says Surfing-With-Whales. He couldn't talk when I left him.

It's not him, says Terence. Watch this!

He pulls Farky's tail. Farky turns around, snapping.

See? says Terence. Would divine consciousness do snapping?

Very good reasoning, Terence, says Belle. You're learning.

My dog's fucked, says Surfing-With-Whales. Divine consciousness my arse. I don't care if you keep him.

No worries, says Sweezus. He's coming with us to Utrecht.

Yeah, like what as? says Surfing-With-Whales. Your mascot?

Sports-med psychologist, says Sweezus.

Ha ha, laughs Belle.

Ha ha, laughs Arthur.

Ha ha, laughs Terence. Sports mad psychologist!

Terence dances around Farky, faux kick-boxing.

It's run-of-the-mill normal taunting.

Om-Farky easily rises above it.

Glad I'm not in Team Condor this year, says Surfing-With-Whales. Oh yeah, didn't I tell you?

What? says Sweezus, trying for a concerned look.

I'm riding with the old guys, says Surfing-With-Whales. The philosophers. They need some new blood.

Too bad, bro, says Sweezus. I'll ask Gaius.

What? says Belle. Isn't he signed up already?

He is now, says Sweezus.

Everyone looks disappointed.


No comments: