Sunday, September 26, 2021

Or Even Scotland

Guess what! says Terence. The sea slugs are all interacting.

In what way? asks Gaius.

I don't know, says Terence. What IS interacting?

Mixing together, says Saint Arnoc. Like soup ingredients.

Not yours, says Gaius. It's only potato.

And water, says Saint Ténénan.

Good point, says Gaius. And imagine, if one added some butter and black pepper.....

It would not be potato soup, in that case, says Saint Arnoc.

It would be, but not as we know it, says Saint Ténénan.

I had no intention of criticising your soup, says Gaius. I was merely trying to explain interaction.

The sea slugs aren't in the soup, says Terence. They've gone to Japan.

Did the oystercatcher tell you that? asks Gaius.

Yes, says Terence. He's gone to get three replacements.

I can guess what really happened, says Gaius. However, it doesn't matter.

Wasn't he supposed to be guarding them? asks Saint Arnoc.

He was, says Gaius. But we must remember, he's the one who caught them.

Very nice! says Hideo. If I take a few toes, I'm a villain. 

An entirely different situation, says Gaius. 

Maybe they HAVE gone to Japan, says Saint Ténénan. Aren't two of them from there?

No, says Gaius. Only one of them. The other two are locals. Or they may be from the Channel Islands. Or even Scotland. But no further.

Is my parrot in trouble? asks Terence.

Not at all, says Gaius. We must be leaving soon, and we can't take the sea slugs.

But my parrot's gone to get more! cries Terence.

He can eat them, says Gaius.


No comments: