Friday, September 17, 2021

To Dance In Chinese

Gaius and Hideo catch up with the others, in the car park.

What's HE doing here? asks Rusty.

It is only now that Gaius remembers what happened to Rusty's gold toes.

He is coming with us to be of assistance, says Gaius. Don't worry. I shall sit in between you.

Will there be room? asks Mathilde.

There are not enough seat belts, says Jean-Claude.

I do not need a seat belt, says Hideo. I am thin.

That doesn't mean to say you don't need a seat belt, says Jean-Claude.

The dark coat of Hideo collapses. He now more resembles an otter.

It does, says Hideo. Fold my coat, will you.

They all pile into the car.

You're on the run, says Terence, who is sitting next to Hideo ( now an otter). The police will be after you.

No they won't, says Hideo.

It's quite likely they will, says Gaius. But we shall return you.

No need, says Hideo.

Why have we got you? asks Bertille. 

He speaks Japanese, says Gaius. 

Speak some, says Bertille.

Ni yao bu yao gen wo tiaowu? says Hideo.

That is Chinese, if I'm not mistaken, says Mathilde. 

What does it mean then? asks Hideo.

Would you like to dance with me? says Mathilde.

You surprise me, Mathilde, says Jean-Claude.

Yes, but if it's Chinese, says Gaius, Hideo will be less helpful.

Sumimasen, says Hideo. 

Is that Japanese? asks Gaius.

I believe so, says Hideo.

No comments: