Friday, June 7, 2024

What About Taddy?

The newly-freed frog hops back to Terence's tent.

You got out! say his brothers.

I was pushed from behind, says the newly-freed frog.

Who by? ask the brothers.

The Kroombit tinker, says the newly-fred frog. And once I was out, I learned the future.

Our future? ask the brothers. What will it be?

We'll be taught to ride bikes, says their newly-freed brother. And we get a captain. And green wheels made of o-rings.

What are o-rings? ask the brothers.

I don't know, says the newly-freed brother. But my guess is they're round.

Terence comes back to his tent, with Nerida.

Look at them! says Terence.

Wow! says Nerida. They metamorphosed kind of fast.

Because of my method, says Terence. Next they'll learn how to ride bikes.

Frogs don't ride bikes, says Nerida.

What about Taddy? asks Terence.

I thought Taddy was a person, says Nerida.

Okay, better not tell them, says Terence.

Luckily his frog team aren't listening. 

They are exercising their legs.

Lying on their backs and doing cycling movements.

That's so cute, says Nerida. It looks like they already know how to do it.

Terence is pleased. Yes it does.

The frog team stops exercising.

Hey! When do we get our own bikes? asks the newly-freed one.

How do they even know what bikes are? asks Nerida. A few hours ago they were just tadpoles.

How should I know? says Terence.

I'll ask them, says Nerida. Hey guys....

Bonk-bonk! say the brothers.

What do you know about bicycles? asks Nerida.

The brothers are stumped. 

At this stage they know very little.


No comments: