Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Adventures With A Shoe Horn

Arthur is wearing new shorts. His ticket to Turkey is paid for.

He is all set.

He meets Bunny, for a coffee.

You'll never guess what, says Bunny.

Nor will you, says Arthur.

Never mind that, says Bunny. I've got six thousand dollars! I can go to Turkey.

Six thousand! says Arthur. How come?

Mr Drone paid me five thousand for the Banksy article, but he made a mistake and signed the cheque Banksy, and the teller bought the fake Banksy cheque for a thousand and then Mr Drone wrote me a new cheque for five thousand. How awesome is that!

Wait up, says Arthur. I wrote that article.

Yes you did, says Bunny. I guess I owe you some of the money. But it was my idea.

No it wasn't, says Arthur. It was Violetta's.

Well she's not getting it, says Bunny. Hey, you're wearing new shorts!

That was my news, says Arthur. Mrs Hume's coming with us to Turkey. She bought me new shorts and she paid for my ticket.

What did you have to do for that? asks Bunny.

It was painful, says Arthur. What I had to do.

What? says Bunny. What was it?

Go shopping with her, says Arthur. She wanted new shoes. She bought tight stretchy sports shoes without any laces. I had to help her get them on with a shoe horn.

What's a shoe horn? says Bunny.

This is a shoe horn, says Arthur. He takes a shoe horn out of his pocket.

How come you've got it? asks Bunny.

This one's mine, says Arthur.

You bought one for yourself? says Bunny.

No, says Arthur. I didn't buy it.

Arthur, says Bunny, shaking her head. You don't need to steal things. We're rich now.

Yes, says Arthur. That's great. We're rich now.

They order more coffee, and cake.


No comments: