Monday, May 13, 2013

Contingency And The Red Knitted Hat

I must go back to my seat, says Katherine.

Take me with you, says the Twitcher. I feel better now.

No, says Katherine. You are less of a nuisance in here.

She goes back to her seat.

How's the Twitcher? asks Gaius. 

Vomited, says Katherine. Now he's hungry again. Luckily he can't get out and cause any more trouble 

My brother! thinks Ageless. I must help him. Where is my red hat?

Ageless looks for his red knitted hat. It's not there.

Baby Pierre, says Ageless. Have you seen my red hat?

You had it on when you went to the sick bay to visit the Twitcher, says Baby Pierre. But you came back without it. 

I remember, says Ageless. I took it off when I bowed to the flight attendant.

Hee hee, laughs Lavender. You bowed. You're a wally.

Lavender! says Katherine. That's nothing to laugh at. Ageless was being polite. 

But Ageless is becoming agitated. 

It is one thing to plan an escape for your brother, under cover of your red knitted hat. It is quite another thing to think that your brother may have found your red knitted hat and escaped by himself, under it. 

He might be anywhere.

Ageless sets off down the aisle to the sick bay.

Sorry, sir, says the flight attendant. The dinner trolley is coming. Would you mind going back.

Ageless ducks under a seat.

As chance would have it, it is the very same seat under which are seven interesting things, and a life jacket. The Twitcher, in a red knitted hat; four snails; and the feet of Doctor Moussalli, in brown cotton socks.
  


No comments: