Friday, May 3, 2013

You Mortals Know Nothing

The bus rolls into Adelaide.

Adelaide looks different somehow.

Awesome, says Violetta. Look at the street art.

It is true there is street art all over the place.

Something must have happened, says Violetta. All those guys are working right out in the open, in broad daylight. Stop driver!

The bus stops,  Violetta gets off and heads for the Morphett Street Bridge.

Hmm, says Gaius. Good bye, Violetta. Something tells me she won't come to Turkey.

What! says the Twitcher. She's the only one who likes me!

You still have me, brother, says Ageless. Do I like you?

I have doubts, says Twitcher.

I like you, says Gaius. You'll be coming with me. As soon as the bus reaches the terminus, we shall go to my house. There we shall pack up for Turkey. You will need nothing, other than your portable salt water aquarium. But I shall need some clean clothes, and snacks.

Are you coming, Ageless? says the Twitcher.

I shall come, says Ageless. It will give me a chance to see Kobo, my sweet lady love.

You have a sweet love? says the Twitcher. Is she beauteous? Does she have soulful eyes?

No, says Ageless. My love is a fossilised clam. She is creamy and hard. She has never had eyes that I know of. She loves reading above all other things.

Then she can't ever have seen you, says Twitcher. Ha ha! That's so funny. And how can she read with no eyes?

Don't mock. You mortals know nothing, says Ageless.

She's really OLD, says Lavender. She's our auntie. I can't wait to tell her we're going to Turkey.

The bus pulls in to the station. Everyone gets out.

Well, Arthur and Bunny, says Gaius. This is goodbye.

But we're coming to Turkey, says Bunny. So we'll see you quite soon.

The thing is...... says Gaius, can you pay for your tickets? My grant will not stretch to two aides.

Don't worry about that, says Arthur. I'll get money.

Are you sure? says Gaius. Because Lavender here travels free of charge, and is surprisingly cluey. She's the one who advised me (too late, as it happened) about the importance of audience profiling.

Yes, says Arthur. But can she steal knives and break windows?

I think not, says Gaius. Good point.




No comments: