Monday, May 6, 2013

The Generosity Of Others

Bunny presents the cheque to the teller.

Woah! says the teller. This cheque's signed by Banksy!

Oh bugger! says Bunny. Is it? That's wrong.

Yeah, says the teller, examining the cheque. But the account name's Velosophy Inc. That's not Banksy.

I know what happened, says Bunny. He's signed thousands and thousands of Banksys.

Who has? says the teller.

Mr Drone, says Bunny. My employer. His real name's Voltaire.

No kidding! says the teller. A fake Banksy, signed by Voltaire! It'd be worth a fortune.

Would it? says Bunny, doubtfully. He's just this old guy....

No, no, says the teller. I follow Velosophy. I know who The VeloDrone is. I'm an afficionado.

Of what? says Bunny.

All that kind of stuff, says the teller. Tell you what, I'll give you ......errrm.... five hundred for this.

A thousand, says Bunny.

Done, says the teller.

He hands her a thousand dollars in hundred dollar notes.

She gives him the fake cheque by Banksy.

............

Arthur is still at Mrs Hume's house.

She is planning her wardrobe for Turkey. Arthur can't get away.

I'll need some new shoes, says Mrs Hume. Suitable for walking. I have funny feet nowadays.

Funny feet? says Arthur, glancing down at her court shoes with buckles.

Yes, yes, says Mrs Hume. They are longer at the front and shorter at the back than they were. And two toes are entirely crossed over. But you needn't bother about that. Tell, me what clothes are you taking?

These shorts, says Arthur. That's if I go.

But of course you must go, says Mrs Hume. I wouldn't think of going without you. What's the matter. Won't Gaius cough up?

He's on a budget, says Arthur.

Well dear, I'll pay for your ticket, says Mrs Hume. On just one condition. You come shopping with me. I'll buy you a new outfit. Those shorts are a disgrace. What is that brown stuff?

Arthur notices the stain for the first time.

Yes, he would like some new shorts.



No comments: