Saturday, May 25, 2013

An Insupportable Situation For A Celibate

Doctor Moussalli goes off to visit the sights of Dubai.

Jamila takes the Twitcher and Ageless to a temporary aquarium, in which float two female Mediterranean cuttlefish, who are also in transit.

This is just temporary, says Jamila, while we organise new interactive information boards. But please feel free to mate, Twitcher, if a suitable situation should arise. It is good for the gene pool.

Lucky you, brother, grumbles Ageless. Who can I mate with?

Ageless, my brother, says Twitcher. Have you forgotten my vow?

Yes, says Ageless. What was it?

I shall not mate in Dubai, says the Twitcher. It would be death to me.

Not that bad surely, says Ageless. Those two look quite ...errr...lubricious.

No matter, says the Twitcher. I'm saving myself for my bejewelled red and orange cuttlefish maiden in Kas.

No harm in a bit of practice, says Ageless.

We cuttlefish, says the Twitcher, are not like you lobsters. After spawning, we die.

You don't say? says Ageless.  Oh yes, I'd forgotten. Have you ever considered you might last a bit longer if you put off  this 'spawning'?

No, says the Twitcher. Putting it off would be against nature.

 You idiot, says Ageless. You ARE putting it off until Kas.

No, no, says the Twitcher. That is only a week off. No problem with that.

The female Mediterranean cuttlefish raise their eyebrows at one another and wink at their lovely reflections.

With one thing in mind they begin to close in on the Twitcher.

Back off ladies, says Ageless. My brother is celibate this week.

Oh no no no no, say the ladies. We just want to chat with your brother.

They settle on either side of the Twitcher, waving their tentacles gently, opening and closing their beaks.

No comments: