Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Super Tiny Poo

Ant legs! says Terence. In the bird poo!

Yes indeed, says Gaius. It's not that unusual.

Come on! says Vello. Ants in the poo might not be unusual, but it's a good capture. An emu-wren shitting at close quarters. And it's good of the tail feathers.

Of course, says Gaius. I admit it's good of the tail feathers.

Well done, Terence, says Kierkegaard. Perhaps you should enter it in a competition.

I will, says Terence. How do I do it?

You could send it to the ABC weather, says Gaius. They often use photographs that people send in.

So they do, says Vello. Imagine. And now for the weather. Tonight's photo of a rare emu-wren crapping has been sent in by Terence, of Barcelona.

Not Barcelona, says Gaius. He'd be disqualified. Terence of Adelaide.

What's the prize? asks Terence.

I don't think there is one, says Gaius. But everyone will see it.

Woop, says Terence.

He stomps out of the bird hide and over to the bush where he took the famous no-prize-winning photo.

The emu-wren has come back.

How did I look? asks the emu-wren.

I thought you could only say squee, says Terence.

You thought wrong, says the emu-wren. How was the photo?

It was mainly of poo, says Terence.

My poo? asks the emu-wren.

Yes, says Terence. And it had ant legs in it.

Tell me about it, says the emu-wren.

It might win a prize, says Terence.

(He knows that it wouldn't).

My poo? asks the emu wren.

It'll be on the weather, says Terence.

I wonder where it is now? says the emu-wren.

In the sky, says Terence.

Not the weather, says the emu-wren. It'll be somewhere down there.

What do I care? says Terence. I've got a photo.

But I produced the original, says the emu-wren.

Poo isn't original, says Terence.

I beg to differ, says the emu-wren.

They both start looking in the low vegetation.

Emu-wrens are very tiny. They weigh seven point five grams at most.

Their poo must be super tiny.

Nevertheless, Terence soon puts a foot in it.


No comments: