Monday, July 6, 2020

A Thoughtful Man

Kierkegaard regards the three pencil sharpeners.

Which one should he choose?

The dog one is rude. The nose one, disgusting.

The pirate with the missing leg is the least offensive.

Or is it?

Perhaps he is wrong. It's natural for a dog to have an anus.

And for a nose to have entry points....... although, not for pencils.

But the pirate is disabled. One should not make fun ....

The atmosphere is suspenseful.

Vello would like to be helpful, but no, Angelina wouldn't like it.

To Gaius it's obvious the nose pencil sharpener is the most amusing.

Why doesn't Kierkegaard pick that one?

He laughs inwardly. Ha ha. Pick that one.

Terence can't wait any longer.

Don't pick the dog with the bumhole!

I wasn't going to, says Kierkegaard.

Can I believe that? asks Angelina.

Perhaps not, says Kierkegaard. It was a spontaneous reaction to Terence's outburst.

You are taking too long to decide, says Angelina. Which tells me something about you.

That I overthink things, says Kierkegaard. I know.

Perhaps it's a good trait for a philosopher, says Angelina.

Not necessarily, says Vello. I don't overthink things.

You are older, says Angelina. Sören is still a young man.

Kierkegaard is pleased that she thinks so. He is forty two after all.

Nothing to do with it, says Vello. I was always impetuous. I've been chased all over France in my day.

And over the border, says Gaius.

Stop TALKING! says Terence. Can I have the dog one? HE doesn't want it.

Not necessarily, says Kierkegaard. Wait. I'm reaching a decision.

Yes? says Angelina.

The NOSE! says Kierkegaard.

Good choice, says Angelina. A thoughtful man's choice.

Kierkegaard congratulates himself for not choosing the disabled pirate.

Gaius nods in agreement. The nose was his choice as well.


No comments: