Saturday, July 11, 2020

Could Be The Wind

Arthur has been cycling for an hour.

Which means he's about half way there.

How about a comfort stop? asks Saint Roley.

Arthur doesn't hear him. The words are carried away.

This is because Saint Roley is perched on the handlebars, where the wind is whistling.

Luckily for him though, Arthur is stopping.

Mclaren Vale, outside the Prizewinning Pie Shop.

Come in with me, says Arthur.

I'm uncomfortable in a pie shop, says Saint Roley.

Please yourself, says Arthur.

Arthur enters the pie shop.

Saint Roley surveys the bicycle. To do this he must turn round.

He might be more comfortable on the back mudguard.

But would Arthur notice, if he fell off?

Let us examine Saint Roley, while he thinks about changing his position.

Outwardly, he is much the same. Orange beak, orange feet, black and white feathers.

His eyes look watery, which could be the wind.

But here comes Arthur, with a cheese and spinach pasty.

Want a bite? asks Arthur.

No thanks, says Saint Roley. Can I ride on your back wheel?

No, says Arthur. You can go the rest of the way in my back pack. Just don't nibble the turnip.

I wouldn't says Saint Roley. Not after what you said to Belle.

What did I say? asks Arthur.

It pleaded, says Saint Roley.

Yes I did say that, says Arthur.

What did it plead exactly? asks Saint Roley.

It was more of a feeling, says Arthur.

(In fact the turnip had not pleaded).

I'll talk to it, says Saint Roley. It may have a tragic story.

Okay, says Arthur. Get in.

Before I do, where are Gaius's underpants? asks Saint Roley.

At the bottom, says Arthur. The turnip's at the top.

Just checking, says Saint Roley.

He climbs into Arthur's back pack, to talk to the turnip.

Arthur sets off.


No comments: