Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Talk To The Underpants

Keep the water bottle, says Vello.

Thanks, says Arthur.

I'll be going, says Vello.

Without water? asks Saint Roley.

I'll pick some up somewhere, says Vello.

Take my smoked oysters, says Saint Roley.

No thanks, says Vello. See you later. Have a good time on KI.

Thanks, says Arthur. How about the turnip?

I'm surprised at you, says Vello. That's Gaius's turnip. And it knows Latin.

Nemo, says the turnip.

It seems he's forgotten the rest.

Vello cycles away, in the direction of Adelaide.

Arthur picks up his bike. Looks across at Saint Roley.

Going in the back pack?

I'll fly above you, says Saint Roley. I've fallen out with the turnip.

Nemo me, says the turnip.

Ha ha, laughs Saint Roley. Talk to the underpants.

He rises above Arthur.

From there he can see that they are far from the ocean.

The beautiful beckoning ocean.

And beside it, and under it will be juicy fresh molluscs.

He could head straight for the ocean.

But he doesn't. He has commitments.

Arthur speeds up.

The turnip sinks into the underpants.

And tries to remember the rest of the Latin.


No comments: