Monday, July 9, 2012

Belfort to Porrentruy: The Power of Food

Stage Eight, fom Belfort to Porrentruy, is over for the day. The winner is Thibaut Pinot, from Team FDJ-Big Mat, and he is only twenty two.

Sweezus: That Pinot! He's only twenty two!

Arthur: I'm only sixt.....seventeen.

Gaius: We know. And if we didn't, we could guess.

Sweezus: But Pinot is only twenty two. I'll never win a stage, or even the polkadot jersey.

Arthur: Why ? How old are you?

Sweezus: I don't know, thirty something.

Gaius: Now then, Sweezus, pull yourself together. It's nothing to do with age, it's all to do with attitude of mind.

Arthur: And luck. Do you know what my lucky stone did yesterday?

Gaius: You mean Ouvert? What?

Arthur: He donated all his luck to Froome. Just to get back at me.

Sweezus: Awesome! So Ouvert does have powers!

Belle et Bonne: Listen to yourselves. I wish papa was here.

Gaius: Why ? I'm here.

Belle et Bonne: Sorry, Gaius, but the team needs bucking up. You all need to pull together.

Gaius: Well said, Belle et Bonne. Do you have any useful suggestions?

Belle et Bonne: Yes I do. And papa would approve. There's one more stage and then the next day is a rest day. I'll organise a wonderful picnic. But only if you all try very hard to win tomorrow.

Sweezus: Awesomeness of awesome!

Arthur: Joy! I'm trying already.

Gaius: You are. But we shall try and overlook it. Thank you, Belle et Bonne. I had forgotten the power of food as an incentive.

Belle et Bonne: It's settled then. Good luck everyone!







No comments: