Saturday, July 7, 2012

Epernay to Metz : Into A New Pocket

Stage Six is over. Peter Sagan has won his third stage. Arthur is convinced that Sagan too must have a lucky stone.

In the crash before the finish, Gaius came off his bike and now has bandages on both knees. Did he have a lucky stone? Yes and no. The stone in his pocket turned out to be Ouvert.

Gaius: Now Arthur, do you see that there's no such thing as a lucky stone?

Arthur: Greipel has got one. And Sagan too, I bet.

Sweezus: But Gaius has got one, and he fell off his bike.

Gaius: That wasn't a lucky stone. It was Ouvert!

Ouvert: I am a lucky stone. I'm back in France!

Sweezus: Why's that lucky?

Ouvert: I'm going home to La Rochelle.

Belle et Bonne: But Ouvert, Metz is nowhere near La Rochelle!

Ouvert: It isn't?

Arthur: I'll have him, if you don't want him.

Gaius: Go ahead, have him.

Ouvert: No one can have me.

Sweezus: Well said, Ouvert!

Belle et Bonne: Yes Arthur, you can't just pick up a stone and think you own it.

Arthur: What! It's just a stone!

Sweezus: Go and find your own stone.

Ouvert: Thank you, Sweezus. Arthur?

Arthur: What?

Ouvert: I'll be your lucky stone if.....

Arthur: Yes?

Ouvert: ....if you take me to La Rochelle.

Arthur: Alright, get in.

Ouvert gets in to Arthur's pocket.

No comments: