Friday, July 6, 2012

Stages 4 and 5: Lucky Stone

It's the end of Stage Five. Andre Greipel has won two in a row. Arthur decides to follow him about, hoping to be noticed.

Andre Greipel: Excuse me!

Arthur Rimbaud: Yes, what?

Andre Greipel: Stop following me about.

Arthur Rimbaud: But I want to be like you. 

Andre Greipel: Then let me give you some advice. Work hard, eat well, and find yourself a lucky stone.

Arthur Rimbaud: A lucky stone!  Thank you, Andre.

He goes off to look for Gaius and Sweezus.

.........

Gaius and Sweezus are discussing race tactics.

Sweezus: What we need is a leader.

Gaius: I'm the leader.

Sweezus: I mean, it's not the same without The VeloDrone.

Gaius: I thought I was doing well as the leader. I advised Arthur not to eat mints.

Sweezus: Arthur! He's not a team player. He's been hanging aroung Andre Greipel. What sort of....?

Arthur Rimbaud: Hi guys!

Sweezus: At last! You're late for the race tactics meeting.

Gaius: It should have been me that said that.

Sweezus: See what I mean!

Arthur Rimbaud:  Tactics, ho ho! Wait till you hear this. Andre Greipel has a lucky stone!

Gaius: Does he indeed?

Sweezus: I thought you had a lucky stone.

Gaius: No. I don't think so.

Sweezus: Then what's that in your pocket?

They all look at Gaius's pocket.

And there does appear to be something inside it.



No comments: