Friday, July 20, 2012

Luchon to Peyragudes: Who Just Whizzed By?

Sweezus was involved in a crash yesterday. But Belle et Bonne had ridden up on her Vespa, bandaged his knees and elbows, and set him back up again. He had finished in a creditable time.

Today is Stage Seventeen, from Luchon to Peyragudes. Sweezus is riding courageously with the rest of the Team. Belle et Bonne is riding close behind in case he needs help. She has Ouvert in her pocket.

Belle et Bonne: Are you okay, Sweezie? Do you need anything?

Sweezus: No, thanks, Belle. I'm good.

Ouvert: He's good!

Belle et Bonne: Keep still, Ouvert.

Ouvert: I'm trying to look at this map.

Arthur: What did he say?

Belle et Bonne: He's good.

Arthur: I mean Ouvert. What did he say?

Belle et Bonne: That IS what he said.

Arthur: I mean after that. About a map.

Belle et Bonne: Ouvert's trying to look at a map.

Arthur: Is he still trying to get to La Rochelle?

Ouvert: YES! La Rochelle.

Gaius: I couldn't help overhearing. Has Ouvert got a map?

Belle et Bonne: No, I've got a map. In my pocket. Ouvert just happens to be there.

Arthur: But he's looking at it.

Ouvert; I'm TRYING to look at it.

Sweezus: Oooh, my elbow!

Belle et Bonne: Hold still, Sweezie dear, I'll change your bandage. Pedal slowly and hang on to the Vespa.

Ouvert: Ah, now I can see it. Hey! Nobody told me we go through Brive-la-Gaillarde tomorrow! That's near my home. I can get the train to Bordeau. Then on to La Rochelle. Wheeee!

Belle et Bonne: Yes, it's closer from Brive than from Pau.

Ouvert: So you knew!

Belle et Bonne: And I know something else about you. That's why I didn't say anything. Oh, hold still Sweezie! Who's that just whizzed by?

Arthur: Alejandro Valverde. Don't worry about him. It's not like he has Ouvert in his pocket..........












No comments: