Friday, February 5, 2021

Crackbrain Dip-slip

They are all back inside now, except for the red-back.

I'm going to work on my song, says Terence. Want to help me?

No, says Baby Pierre.

You can be my stand-in, says Terence. I'm having a costume.

Would I have to wear it? asks Baby Pierre. 

Only when I can't be in it, says Terence. 

What's it like? asks Baby Pierre.

A black and yellow and purple tee shirt, and these socks, says Terence.

I would only wear the socks, says Baby Pierre.

Why not the tee shirt? asks Terence. There'll be lightning on it, that's the yellow.

I bear the Mark of the Claw, says Baby Pierre. And I like people to see it.

Terence looks at Baby Pierre, who is a pebble.

He is pebble-shaped for that reason, but has vestigial legs.

Otherwise how could he have been so successful as a Tour de France rider, albeit unregistered?

Who can forget his famous green fluoro-elastane o-rings?

But back to the question of his costume.

Isn't the Mark of the Claw on your head? asks Terence. People could still see it.

Only from above, says Baby Pierre.

And sorry, says Terence, but these socks are too big even for me. They're loose at the back, see?

That's a good thing, says Baby Pierre. Is Belle making the costumes?

She's making mine, says Terence.

Well, says Baby Pierre. Problem solved. We'll ask Belle to snip the heels off, and make me some little socks out of them.

They'll look like cups, says Terence, visualising Baby Pierre in floppy cup socks.

A bit of stitching required, says Gaius, who has been listening. Otherwise it's a wonderful idea. 

But MY socks'll have holes in, says Terence.

They too will require stitching, says Gaius. In fact, if you like, I can do it right now and save Belle the trouble.

He goes off to find scissors.

Terence looks at Baby Pierre, who thought up this idea and is therefore the one whose fault it is that his glorious socks will be ruined.

Dumb crackbrain dip-slip! says Terence.

Stick-slip sucker! says Baby Pierre.

He will make a good stand-in.


No comments: