Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Kerlop-Kerlop

Kierkegaard returns with a coconut.

Two half-coconuts would have been more convenient, says Vello.

That can be simply arranged, says Kierkegaard. Is there a knife in this office?

Yes, says Belle. In the spoon drawer.

She goes across to the spoon drawer, and takes out the knife.

Kierkegaard sets about halving the coconut.

Can I help? asks Terence.

No! says Kierkegaard. Keep away. Bits of coconut might fly off at random.

Terence sits down next to Baby Pierre.

Was Arthur with you? asks Vello.

I didn't see him, says Kierkegaard.

Never mind, says Vello. Terence took his part as the Grand Inquisitor.

I'm sorry I missed that, says Kierkegaard, sawing away at the coconut.

I was good, says Terence. I looked surprised.

Kierkegaard looks surprised.

See HIS face? says Baby Pierre. That's how you look surprised.

I was doing that, says Terence.

You always look the same, says Baby Pierre. Because you're a statue.

No I don't, says Terence. How do I look then?

Like a baby, says Baby Pierre.

I'm a kid, says Terence. Not a baby.

But you look like a baby, says Baby Pierre. 

Terence has not felt like a baby for ages. Not since he fell from the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.  

Never mind, says Baby Pierre. You make a good Earthquake.

YOU don't, says Terence.

You should work on expanding the part, says Baby Pierre. Maybe a song at the end.

Can't, says Terence. The end is the coconuts.

But Baby Pierre has sparked an idea.

Terence begins to think up an Earthquake-Coconut Song, to end this year's play.

What do coconuts sound like?

Crack! Kierkegaard succeeds in splitting the coconut.

Sluuursh ! A watery liquid pours out.

Watch my floor! cries Vello.

Kerlop-kerlop ! Kierkegaard tries out the coconuts. 

No comments: