Monday, February 1, 2021

I Might Put My Feet In

Ageless scrapes his way back inside, with a large bunch of grapes.

He is followed by the Storm and Earthquake.

HAH! cries the Storm and Earthquake. Storms and Earthquakes go where the grapes are going. In case they can have some! HAH!

You can't have any, says Ageless. 

What about the JUICE! cries the Storm and Earthquake.

Kobo looks down from the window sill.

Squeeze the grapes, Ageless, says Kobo. 

Yay! cries the Storm and Earthquake.

I don't think Gaius has a juicer, says Ageless.

He doesn't, says Kobo. Use your claw.

All right, beloved, says Ageless. Will you come down and assist me?

I'm busy helping Nicholas with his part, says Kobo. We'll both be down shortly.

I'll start squeezing, says Ageless. A beautiful draught for my lady. Would you like a bowl of warm soapy water to go with it?

Yuck! says the Storm and Earthquake.

To wash in, explains Ageless. We could both have a soak, if you like.

No way! says the Storm and Earthquake. 

Not you, her, says Ageless. 

I might put my feet in, says the the Storm and Earthquake. 

Maybe after, says Ageless. 

He sets about squeezing the grapes into a bowl that he's found in a cupboard.

Did you hear me singing outside? shouts the Storm and Earthquake.

No, says Kobo. 

Dropped on by rocks says Terence. That's good isn't it?

What's the context? asks Kobo.

It rhymes with socks, says Ageless. 

Nicholas coughs. Can we get on with developing my part?

Of course, says Kobo. No more interruptions. Where were we?

Whether I should deliver a brief précis of the plot, or plunge into the storm scene directly, says Nicholas.

I imagine you know all about storms, says Kobo. I think you should jump in directly.

That's encouraging, says Nicholas. 

Give me some adjectives, says Kobo.

Creamy, delightful, intelligent, supportive... says Nicholas.

In spite of the fact that she had expected a different list of adjectives, Kobo hopes Ageless is listening.


No comments: