Sunday, February 28, 2021

Certain Uncertain

Belle hands Sweezus a full box of flyers.

Awesome, says Sweezus. Terence, let's go.

And me! says Baby Pierre.

You can't hand out flyers, says Terence. 

Why not? asks Baby Pierre.

You're too low, says Terence.

I'll bring my bike, says Baby Pierre.

Where is it? asks Sweezus.

At Gaius's house, says Baby Pierre.

No way, says Sweezus. You can stand on the box.

He heads down the stairs, followed by Terence, who is followed by Baby Pierre.

Sweezus thinks about where he might hand out the flyers.

Maybe outside the Garden of Unearthly Delights. Perhaps outside Gluttony.

Or in the Mall, near the Mall's Balls. Yeah. Good one!

He turns around to see if Terence is following.

....

Gaius and Kierkegaard have gone for a coffee with Captain Baudin.

How do you like being the Narrator? asks Gaius.

I enjoy it very much, says Captain Baudin. Vello gives me beaucoup de freedom. 

He likes the way you include odd French words, says Gaius.

They are not odd, says Captain Baudin.

I didn't mean that, says Gaius.

As for me, says Kierkegaard, I hope Arthur will give me my cloak back.

He will, says Gaius. He is reliable.

Will he go with you to New Zealand? asks Kierkegaard.

I don't know, says Gaius. I haven't yet asked him. And he's hard to pin down.

I'll go with you if he won't, says Kierkegaard.

Nice of you, says Gaius.

New Zealand, says Captain Baudin. An old  friend of mine was killed and eaten there. 

Was this...? begins Gaius.

Before I became a lobster, says Captain Baudin. Alas, my friend Dufresne never had that opportunity.

Perhaps you'd like to accompany us, says Gaius.

I'll think about it, says Captain Baudin

....

Belle is sewing a tee shirt for Terence. 

It is purple, with a gold lightning flash on the front.

Terence will like that.

She has enough material to make one for Baby Pierre as well. But should she?

He's an unusual shape.

....

Vello and David are cycling through the parklands having hired two of those new-fangled electric bicycles.

They find it relaxing.

....

Ageless and Kobo are fiddling with the royal blue sash.

Trying out different knots and so on.

It brings them together in a pleasurable way.

....

As to where Arthur is, or what he is doing, that is uncertain.


No comments: