Saturday, February 27, 2021

Remember Us We

I'm not sure about that song, says Vello.

What's wrong with it? asks Terence.

For one thing, says Vello, it leaves out the fact that Candide killed two people.

Okay, says Terence. I'll sing that at the end.

No you can't, says Baby Pierre. It should go in the middle.

Okay, the middle, says Terence.

And I'm not sure about the beginning, says David. Didn't we agree on two Earthquakes?

Yes, says Belle. Terence is the big one and Baby Pierre is the small one, running behind him. They both looked so cute in their socks.

So Terence will need to change the beginning, says Vello.

Why? asks Terence. What was it?

Remember me I'm the Earthquake, says Baby Pierre.

Seeing Terence's bottom lip trembling, Sweezus decides to support him.

I like it, says Sweezus. 

It should be Remember us we're the Earthquake, says Baby Pierre. 

But you were the Grand Inquisitor, says Terence. I had to dance round you.

I was being a stand-in for you, says Baby Pierre. 

And you were the stand-in for me, says Arthur. But in the actual performance. I'll be dead on the floor and you two will be dancing around me and Don Issachar. 

If you turn up, says Vello.

I'll turn up, says Arthur. 

When is our performance? asks Gaius.

Tomorrow evening, says Belle. I really must finish your costumes.

Yay! says Terence. Am I still getting a tee shirt?

Yes, says Belle. So I'll be busy this afternoon. Who wants to help me by handing out flyers?

Me! says Terence. 

I'll do it, says Sweezus. Terence can go with me.

And me, says Baby Pierre. 

Cool, says Sweezus. You guys can work on your song.

Remember me I'm the Earthquake, hums Terence.

I know what your humming, says Baby Pierre.

No comments: