Friday, February 12, 2021

We Need Needles

No splinters yet, says Vello. Wait till the Sailor runs off.

And comes back drunk, having looted some money, says David.

Okay, says Arthur. I run off, Now I'm back, confront me.

This will never do, my friend, says David/Doctor Pangloss. You are not obeying the Universal Rule of Reason. 

I'm a Sailor, says Arthur. I was born in Batavia. I've trampled on a crucifix four times in Japan. I...why am I saying this?

Yeah, says Sweezus. No one'll get it.

You're right, says Vello. I don't get it myself. What was I thinking? Ad lib, Arthur.

Don't tell me what to do! says Arthur. I'm a Sailor.

A Sailor is used to obeying orders, says Captain Baudin.

I'm not the man for your Universal Reason! says Arthur.

Excellent! says Vello

Meanwhile Terence and Baby Pierre are looking for splinters.

Luckily, there are splinters at hand.

Belle has been cutting up cardboard boxes, for the plank-mast.

There are long cardboard shavings on the floor. Some are pointy.

Terence picks up a few.

Woosh! Woosh! he shoots them towards Sweezus, for whom they are destined.

Flutter-flutter. They drift to the ground.

They need stiffening, with something  really sharp, says Baby Pierre.

Yes! says Terence. We need needles!

It's fortunate Belle is not listening. She would never approve this.

Terence picks out three sharp needles from Belle's sewing basket.

And inserts them into the splinters.


No comments: