Friday, February 26, 2021

Crack Rubble Surprise

Good timing, bro, says Sweezus. Rehearsal's finished.

I see you've been shopping, says Vello.

Not exactly, says Arthur. I just picked up a few things.

We needed you to be the Grand Inquisitor, says Vello. Terence had to do it.

I had to DIE, says Terence. It's hard. You need to practise.

Not that hard, says Sweezus. I run you through with a sword, while you look surprised.

Sounds easy, says Arthur.

It isn't, says Terence. Anyway, I'm not dead now. I'm the Earthquake and horses.

Busy you, says Arthur. Who wants a fruit bun? What horses?

We resolved to include the escape on horseback, says Vello. It's more dramatic. 

I obtained and divided a coconut, says Kierkegaard. May I have a beer?

Go for it, says Arthur. 

Do we need to warm up the fruit buns? asks Belle.

No, says Arthur. They're warm already.

Everyone is glad that the first rehearsal is over, and that Arthur has brought fruit buns and pale ale , never mind how he got them, and why the buns are so warm.

I think we have a hit on our hands, says David. 

It's not fair! says Terence.

Terence hasn't sung his song yet, says Belle. Do it now, Terence.

Can't, says Terence. There's no dead people on the floor and the ones on the horses are eating BUNS!

Acting is pretending, says Gaius. And Baby Pierre is still playing dead on the floor.

Yes! says Baby Pierre. I'm the only one still in character.

I'll be wanting to dance there, says Terence. So get out of the way.

No, says Baby Pierre. You'll have to dance and sing and clap coconuts around me.

Okay, says Terence. Here I go:


Hey! I'm the Earthquake, remember me people!

I killed everyone. 

Crack! Rubble! Surprise! 

Who's this I'm stepping on?

Crack! Rubble! Surprise! 

It's the Grand Inquisitor and Don Issachar 

Crack! Rubble! Surprise!

See these coconuts?

Crack! Rubble! Surprise!

They're the horses to ride away on.

It's over. 

Surprise!


He stops dancing, and begins clapping the coconuts.


No comments: