Friday, December 10, 2021

Ageless In Unicorn Mode

Arthur gets into the Mazda Miata with Wittgenstein.

Sweezus will be driving the camper.

Wait, says Gaius. I haven't left Ageless instructions.

He gets down from the camper, and goes back inside.

And I haven't brought any food either, thinks Gaius, as he reaches the kitchen.

Passionate noises come from somewhere near the window. 

crik...crikk...ahh...ooh...make it longer...beloved.... it can't be any longer!

Probably Ageless has switched on the unicorn app again, thinks Gaius. I won't interrupt him.

He goes into the pantry and grabs a few items.

A couple of oranges, an apple and an onion. A packet of muesli bars, unopened. 

Mineral water, from the fridge. A blackcurrant Fruit Box. And a few leaves of lettuce in a lidded container. 

A knife. And a pencil.

He goes back outside.

Arthur and Wittgenstein have driven off already.

They wanted to get going, says Sweezus. We said we'll meet up in Broken Hill, at the Milk Bar.

Very good, says Gaius. It was lucky I went back in. I'd forgotten to bring anything to sustain us.

What'd you bring? asks Sweezus. 

Fruit, muesli bars, water, says Gaius. 

Cool, says Sweezus. Did Ageless get his instructions?

No, says Gaius. He was occupied with Kobo.

Occupied, says Sweezus. In what way?

I didn't look, says Gaius. But I believe he was in unicorn mode.

Far out! says Sweezus. Hey, why don't you call him and see.

But he has my phone, says Gaius. 

Use mine, says Sweezus, handing it over.

Gaius keys in his own number.

Ring ring. Ring ring. Ring ring.

He's not picking up, says Gaius.

Keep trying, says Sweezus.

At last, an answer. 

Hello, this is Gaius, rasps Ageless .

Ageless it's me.

Is it? croaks Ageless. 

Yes. I forgot to give you instructions. In two days time, I want you to post my phone to the Post Office in Taree.

Certainly, says Ageless. Arghh!

Very funny, says Gaius. Please switch over to Face Time.

Nu...uh...uh...criiiiikkkk! utters Ageless, after which everything goes silent.


No comments: