Saturday, December 4, 2021

Slick Little Cream Bun

Show him, Arthur, says Gaius.

Ageless starts backing away.

Not your actual face, says Arthur. It's a phone app, for altering your face in your photos.

Ageless draws closer.

Arthur points his camera at Ageless.

Now, says Arthur, I'll just turn this on. What kind of animal do you want to be?

What is there? asks Ageless.

Lion, dog, pussy cat, unicorn, says Arthur.

None of which will help, says Gaius. Can he be made to look like a human?

Unicorn! says Ageless.

Arthur proceeds to make Ageless look like a unicorn.

Ha ha ! laughs unicorn Ageless. 

Let me see! says Terence.

Kobo, in the washing up water, would dearly love to see her long-time suitor as a unicorn.

Will she risk it? 

She will. She calls out:

I'm finished!

Kobo has finished her ablutions, says Gaius. I'll lift her out.

He lifts Kobo out of the sink, and places her on a tea towel.

Beloved! cries Ageless. How beautiful you are when you're dripping.

Ageless, says Kobo, come closer. Oh, how disappointing!

Did you expect me to look like a unicorn, my slick little cream bun? asks Ageless.

I'm not your slick little cream bun, says Kobo. And yes.

It's only on the screen! says Ageless. Look at it, not me. See my long horn!

Kobo is half shocked, half delighted, but judges it best to pretend to be neither.

Mm, says Kobo. 

Which is enough. 

Ageless is excited.

Come, says Gaius. Enough of this unicorn business. Try and make him look like me.

Arthur calls up turtle mode, followed by beauty mode.

Contrary to what might be expected, this has the effect of making Ageless look very like Gaius. A wrinkled turtle with the wrinkles ironed out. Round turtle eyes. All that's needed is the hair.

Will hair mode work in conjunction with turtle and beauty modes?

Could be a problem.

But no.

Arthur succeeds, where anyone else might have failed.

He looks like Gaius! says Terence. Grey hair and everything!

Let me see, says Gaius. Grey hair. Well yes, I suppose so. 


No comments: