Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Crik...Crikk

Good news, says Arthur. Ludwig's hiring a car.

Wittgenstein's coming? says Gaius.

Yes, says Arthur. He wants to learn surfing.

That IS good news, says Gaius. Will it be big enough?

I suppose so, says Arthur. There's only you, me, him and Sweezus.

And me, says Terence. And Roo-kai.

I'll call him again, says Arthur.

He calls Sweezus again.

Yeah bro? says Sweezus.

This car Ludwig's hiring, says Arthur. Does he know Terence is coming?

It's a two seater, says Sweezus.

Bit tight, says Arthur.

Sporty, says Sweezus. Yeah I bet Terence wants a turn in it.

A turn, says Arthur. Aren't we all going together?

Yeah, says Sweezus. No worries. I called Midge as well. She's bringing her van over. 

SurFink? says Arthur.

Nah, she's got a new one, says Sweezus. It's like, a proper camper. 

Is she coming? asks Arthur.

Nup, says Sweezus. We're borrowing it. We just have to pay for the petrol.

Great, says Arthur.

And clean it, says Sweezus.

When? asks Arthur.

At the end, says Sweezus.

I mean when do we get it? asks Arthur. And the two seater.

This arvo, says Sweezus. We'll come round. We can head off tonight. See ya.

......

More good news, says Arthur. We're getting two vehicles, a two seater and a camper.

Excellent! says Gaius. When?

This afternoon, says Arthur.

Yay! cries Terence.

I must pack, says Gaius.

He hastens to his bedroom, and starts opening drawers.

...

Ageless looks at Kobo.

We'll soon be alone, my beloved.

With Gaius's phone, says Kobo. You can turn on the unicorn face app.

You liked that? asks Ageless.

Kobo, who is normally cool and creamy, turns a bit pinker.

Crik..crikk.. says Ageless.

Not yet, be patient, says Kobo.

I can be patient, says Ageless. As long as...

Don't fiddle with it, says Arthur. You might lose the settings.


No comments: