Monday, December 6, 2021

Vigorous And Thrusting

Excellent, says Gaius. What do you think, Roo-kai?

Assuming I'd be under pressure, says Roo-kai, and have many home quarantiners to get through, I believe I'd find Ageless convincing. 

As long as he stands in front of the devil's ivy, says Arthur.

Yes, he must, says Roo-kai.

Remember that, Ageless, says Gaius.

Ageless is not paying attention. He is looking at Kobo.

What is she thinking? He can't see her face.

Beloved, says Ageless. How is it?

Better, says Kobo, But I don't trust it. It is vigorous and thrusting.

I know, says Ageless. I sent it sprawling, with little effect. 

You could buy time, says Kobo, by crushing the end with your pincher.

Dearest, says Ageless. One of my claws is a crusher, the other a pincher. Make up your mind.

AGELESS! says Gaius. Are you listening?

Yes, says Ageless. 

What must you remember? asks Gaius.

Turtle, hair and beauty feature, says Ageless. And wear a red woolly hat.

I knew you weren't paying attention, says Gaius.

Stand in front of the devil's ivy, when answering the phone, says Arthur.

You expect me to remain on the draining board? says Ageless. Near the taps? With a smart phone?

I'll move the ivy, says Gaius. Pity. It's been doing well there.

He moves the devil's ivy to the kitchen table. 

Now, says Gaius, we must plan our route to Taree. Arthur?

Fly to Sydney, then fly to Taree on a regional airline, says Arthur.

Hum, says Gaius. That will be expensive, and could also be risky.

Train to Sydney, says Arthur. Also expensive. Bus is cheaper, but can take up to thirty five hours. 

Perhaps we could cadge a lift with someone, says Gaius.

Sure, says Arthur. I'll find someone.

Arthur is always reliable.

So he certainly will.


No comments: