Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Happy With Small Imperfections

In the front, Sweezus and Gaius talk about lifestyle choices.

Terence is in the back with Roo-kai.

I wish we were there already, says Terence.

You just used your wish! says Roo-kai.

Not counted, says Terence. I didn't ask my spaceman.

He holds the spaceman up level with his eyes.

You knew that, didn't you, he says to the spaceman. 

Why are you calling your crystal a spaceman? asks Roo-kai.

What Gaius said, says Terence.

Roo-kai thinks back to what Gaius said.

Each oxygen being shared between two tetrahedra etcetera.

But before that. He had called it.....a fine specimen!

Specimen, says Roo-kai.

Yes, says Terence. 

Spess--ee--men, says Roo-kai.

But they're joined at the bottom, says Terence.

There's an E in the middle! says Roo-kai.

Okay, says Terence. Spacey-man. Happy?

Roo-kai decides to be happy, with this small imperfection.

When are we getting there? asks Terence.

We're almost in Cobar, says Gaius. We'll pull over and sleep for a few hours when we get there.

I'll practise my balance, says Terence. I can't while we're moving.

I'll help you, says Roo-kai. 

Spaceyman will help me, says Terence.

Who's spaceyman? asks Gaius. An imaginary friend?

This guy, says Terence, waving his crystal.

The fine specimen, explains Roo-kai.

The penny drops.

Where geology is concerned, says Gaius, exactitude of nomenclature is important. However, in this case, I find Terence's inexactitude amusing. Ha ha! A spaceyman! An appropriate inexactitude, seeing the crystal is shiny and pointy.

Sweezus agrees. Yeah, that's funny.

The crystal itself begs to differ.


No comments: