Sunday, December 12, 2021

Before I Explodo

Why is that funny? asks Terence.

Commode? says Roo-kai. It's a kind of dragon. 

That's a kimodo, says Gaius. 

Which doesn't rhyme with explode, says Roo-kai. 

Explodo, says Terence.

Or road, says Sweezus. 

Roado, says Terence.

Do you know what a commode is? asks Gaius.

Nodo, says Terence. 

Are you going to keep doing that? asks Sweezus.

What's a commodo? asks Terence.

You mean a commode, says Gaius. It's a seat with a concealed chamber pot in it.

What's a chamber pot? asks Terence.

A potty, says Sweezus. Babies pee in them. They...

I know, says Terence. Now I get why it's funny.

Good , says Gaius. But did you know that a commode can also be an ornate chest of drawers?

No kidding? says Sweezus. 

A popular piece of furniture in the eighteenth century, says Gaius. A commode. From the French commode, and the Latin commodius.

Want to hear the rest of my song now? asks Terence.

Roado roado stop the car there's a commodo I need to pee before I explodo, o no it's a dragon kimodo...

That's enough! says Gaius. How about we all have a snack while we're driving. Muesli bar, Sweezus?

Thanks, says Sweezus.

What can I have ? asks Terence.

Black currant Fruit Box, says Gaius. And I'll have an apple.

What about me? asks Roo-kai.

Will lettuce suit you? asks Gaius.

.....

While they refresh themselves, let us visit the Mazda Miata where the conversation is sure to be more intellectual.

Wittgenstein: I look forward to surfing.

Arthur: I bet you do.

Wittgenstein: Interesting you should say I bet you do

Arthur: And not what?

Wittgenstein: Not me too.

Arthur: That's your thing, is it?

Wittgenstein: Meaning?

Arthur: Trapping the fly in the fly bottle.

Wittgenstein: No, you have the wrong end of the stick.

Arthur: Let it out then.

Wittgenstein: The stick? Why would there be a stick in the fly bottle?

Arthur: I'm not saying there would. I was thinking more of the fly.

Wittgenstein: And what is the fly in this scenario?

Arthur: A confusion of meaning.

Wittgenstein: While letting it out is the key to understanding.

Arthur: Did people really come to your lectures?

Wittgenstein: You bet they did.

Well.

This is a bit TOO intellectual. 

And we're not even close to Port Wakefield.

Why don't we head back to the campervan, where Roo-kai is enjoying his lettuce.


No comments: