Thursday, March 3, 2011

Escape

The wooden box in which they were imprisoned was the Nothing is Really Difficult Box, so it was not long before the doors were opened for the next show. This gave our philosophers a chance to escape on their bicycles, waved on their way by three friendly Dutchmen, the owners of the box.

The following night we find them attending Dr Professor Neal Portenza's Interactive Goat Hour at the Tuxedo Cat.

Afterwards, in the beer garden:

The VeloDrone: That was your fault, David.

Le Bon David: But I wanted to be able to see properly.

The VeloDrone: You know that standups always pick on the front two rows.

Le Bon David: Well, he picked on all of us. And I didn't mind.

Belle et Bonne: Nor did I.

Marie: I liked it when he picked on me.

The VeloDrone: His card tricks didn't work, his game show questions had no answers, his prizes were no good, and his film was very silly. Why was there a cat in it?

Belle et Bonne: But he was such a funny character! I loved his bright red cheeks, his made-up eyes, his red trousers and beret and his curly hair, and the way he talked.

Marie: Me too, and when he took his trousers off he had quite nice legs as well.

The VeloDrone: I hardly think.....

Belle et Bonne: Did you let your poppers off, papa and Uncle David?

The VeloDrone: Oh no, I quite forgot.

Le Bon David: So did I.

They take the poppers out of the party bags that they had found on their seats at the start of the show, and let them off.

Pop! Pop!

Everyone in the Tuxedo Cat Beer Garden turns around. The VeloDrone takes out a Mintie, unwraps it nonchalantly and begins to chew. Le Bon David rummages in his party bag, to see if there is one in there for him.

Le Bon David: I haven't got a Mintie.

Marie: Never mind, you can have mine.

Belle et Bonne: And mine.

The VeloDrone: But that means he gets two!

No comments: