Thursday, March 31, 2011

Identity: Frog and Baby Pierre

Baby Pierre set off immediately. After all, he had nothing to pack. He scanned the window sill looking for an easy way down. At the end of the sill he saw a small green tomato, sitting on its own. He approached it boldly.

Hello! he said. I'm Baby Pierre. Who are you?

I don't know, said the small green tomato. Who do I look like?

You look like a tomato, except you're not red. You're green and marbled, like a frog.

Green, am I? said the small green tomato. Are you saying that I should be red?

No Frog, I'm not saying that, said Baby Pierre. But one day you're bound to turn red.

How do you know? asked Frog.

Everything turns red in the end, said Baby Pierre. That's my theory. My daddy is already red. He wants me to wear a red hat. But I'm not ready to wear it. You and me, Frog, we are the same. Not ready to be red.

Frog looked doubtful.

Come with me, said Baby Pierre. I'm off to explore the wide world.

Alright said Frog, impulsively. Where shall we go first?

To the bus stop, said Baby Pierre. I believe it is over the road.

No comments: