Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Expected

Le Bon David and Belle et Bonne walk back to East Terrace, to meet The VeloDrone and Marie in the Garden of Unearthly Delights. The VeloDrone and Marie are still standing in the queue.

The VeloDrone: I should have bought tickets for a show. If I had, we'd be in there by now.

Marie: I know. But you said you'd had enough interaction.

The VeloDrone: I have, temporarily.

Marie: You said you just wanted to ride on the Ferris wheel.

The VeloDrone: I do want to ride on it. There is nothing interactive about a Ferris wheel. You get in. It goes up. It goes down. Then you get off.

Marie: I know: But this is an awfully long queue. Oh look! here come David and Belle et Bonne! Hi! Hi! Over here!

Belle et Bonne: Oh dear! Are you still in the queue? Can we stand here with you?

Marie: Of course. The people behind us won't mind.

The people behind: Go for it! Hey! Aren't you the guys who do Candide? That show was cool!

Marie: See! Everyone is so chilled out here. How was your show?

Le Bon David: Amazing! I don't know how he did any of those tricks!

The VeloDrone: What did he do?

Le Bon David: He played Russian Roulette with six staple guns. One of them was loaded with staples. Belle here had to choose which five to fire into his neck after he'd jumbled them up.

Marie: How frightening!

Belle et Bonne: No, it was fun.

Marie: But you could have killed him!

Belle et Bonne: Could I? No, no, he could read my mind. He knew what I would take with me to a desert island, too.

Marie: What? A hairbrush?

Belle et Bonne: Marie! How did you know?

Marie: I know you. It was that or a toothbrush.

Belle et Bonne: Well!

The VeloDrone: Look, we're going in! Hurrah! Now who's coming on the Ferris wheel with me?

No comments: