Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Unexpected

It's Saturday night. Marie and The VeloDrone head for the Garden of Unearthly Delights. Le Bon David and Belle et Bonne are going to see An Evening of the Unexpected. They walk up North Terrace to look for the Cavern Club in the Station Arcade. It appears to be down a set of stairs.

Le Bon David: How the dickens do you get in?

Belle et Bonne: The door's locked.

Le Bon David: I suppose this is the first Unexpected thing.

They eventually find their way into the Cavern Club, order drinks and sit down at a table near the front.

The Mindreader enters and begins his show.

The Mindreader: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Now first, I'm going to choose two people. You, and you. ( He points to Le Bon David and Belle et Bonne). Please stand up. Now I want you to think of something you would take with you to a desert island.

Belle et Bonne and Le Bon David stand up. They try and think of something. Their faces screw up revealing tiny clues as to what they are thinking.

The Mindreader: Sir, please come up on the stage and face the audience. Now I shall draw on this sheet of paper what it is you are thinking of. ( He draws an electronic book ). Now please tell us what you would take to a desert island.

Le Bon David: A ...um.... useful Satellite ...errr...er book sort of .......

The MindReader: Then I am correct! It is an electronic book! Isn't it, sir?

Le Bon David (confused) : I suppose so.

The Mindreader: And you ( he turns to Belle et Bonne). Please come up on stage. ( He draws a picture of a toothbrush). Could it be that you are thinking of a toothbrush?

Belle et Bonne: Umm... well, ...a hairbrush.

The Mind reader: How exactly like a toothbrush is that! I am correct again!

Applause.

Le Bon David and Belle et Bonne return to their seats.

Le Bon David: Remarkable! He knew exactly what I was thinking. Better than I did myself.

Belle et Bonne: Same.

No comments: