Thursday, March 1, 2012

And He Came

Margaret leaned forward suddenly.

Kiss me! she said.

Margaret! said David. Get back!

Well at least look adoring, said Margaret. Go on!

What's this about? said David. Have you got a spiked drink?

No, said Margaret. But look over there. No! Don't turn around!

How can I look over there if I don't turn around? asked David.

He turned around.

Good heavens! It's Gaius, with a lady! he cried.

Exactly! said Margaret. The cheat!

Wait, said David. It isn't a lady. It's SPLOSH! Come over. I'll introduce you.

Reluctantly, Margaret got up.

Gaius! said David. And Violetta. What a surprise! What are you doing here?

David, nice to see you, said Violetta. We're here for Knee Deep. It's on next.

Hello Gaius, said Margaret. David and I are here on a date. We've just seen Doc Faustus together. Now we're having a drink.

Gaius felt slightly uncomfortable. Why did Margaret look cross?

Hello Margaret, he said. I was at home reading my bird book when Violetta dropped by, and invited me out.

Super! said Margaret, coldly. And you came.

Of course he came! roared Violetta. No one says no to SPLOSH! Now why don't you two get tickets for Knee Deep, and come in with us. We'll make up a foursome. Afterwards we'll go out on the town. No, don't worry I'll get the tickets. Don't you guys move!

She leapt up and dashed off to the box office.

David and Margaret sat down next to Gaius, under the dimly lit tree.

No comments: