Friday, March 9, 2012

Inefficient

Margaret! said David. What are you doing here?

Paco! said Violetta.

You know me? said Paco.

I've just graffitied your poster, said Violetta. I must say you don't look like your picture.

Not now, I suppose, said Paco. Thanks for nothing.

Don't mention it, said Violetta. Now Margaret, what's this about the police being outside?

Nothing, said Margaret. Only that the police ARE outside. Where were you going in such a hurry?

We were just coming up to the bar to get a drink, explained David. We've been downstairs. Gaius and I have tickets for Juliet Meyers. But nothing's happening on time. Eric's still doing his Tales of the Sea.

Most inefficient, said Gaius.

And what was SHE doing? asked Margaret, indicating Violetta.

Doing my thing, said Violetta, patting her pockets. It's amazing down there. All dirt, wood and cement. And cavernous spaces and dark rooms opening off. And a smell of sawdust and damp. Come down and see.

Okay, said Paco. I'm in.


No comments: