Friday, March 2, 2012

It's a Circus

Who is she? asked Margaret. Why is she called SPLOSH!?

She's a famous street artist, said Gaius. And a talented rider. She rode with me and Flaubert in last year's Tour de France. We were Team Bumptious. But we didn't do well.

Oh, really! snorted Margaret. Pull the other one, Gaius.

It was largely my fault, said Gaius. But SHE gave me the mints.

What on earth are you talking about? said Margaret.

A mix up, said David. Not everyone believed they were mints.

Margaret looked confused.

Well, she said finally. A street artist, eh? I suppose that means graffiti. I disapprove of graffiti, you know.

Don't tell that to Splosh!, said Gaius. You'll get a lecture.

I certainly shall, said Margaret. I'm no shrinking violet myself. Where has she gone anyway? The box office is just over there. I don't see Violetta.

Probably nicking some tickets, said David. I've never known her to pay for anything.

True, said Gaius. She asked me out, but I'm paying.

What is it? asked David. Knee Deep?

It's a circus, said Gaius. But it also explores semiotics.

I say! said David, impressed.

Yes it is! It's a circus! shouted Violetta, reappearing, waving two extra tickets in her hand.

Fell out of someone's pocket, she grinned. Let's go in!

No comments: