Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Last Supper Captured In The Mirror

Enter Arthur, with the bleeding pigeon, and Baby Terence.

Waiter: You can't bring that parrot in here!

Arthur: Don't we still owe you some money?

Waiter: Okay! Asiento!

Arthur sits down. Sweezus moves to the end of the table.

Arthur: It's only a Parrot.

Belle: It's bleeding! Wrap it up in this napkin!

Parrot: Thank you. Some kindness at last.

Baby Terence: Guess what? I've left home for ever. And I've had a hair cut.

Marie: It looks weird at the back.

Baby Terence: Arthur did it! With his knife! Let me see the back.

Marie: You'll need two mirrors.

Baby Terence: There's one! On the wall.

Belle (handing Terence a tiny mirror): Here's another.

Baby Terence( looking in the mirror) : This is the front.

Belle: No, you hold it like this.

Baby Terence: Ha ha! I see my Parrot!

Parrot: I'm bleeding to death here, on behalf of this infant. And I shouldn't be.

Vello: Then why are you?

Schopenhauer: It's a world of suffering for animals...

Parrot: I'm a bird, not an animal.

Schopenhauer: In a general sense though.

George Santayana: Nothing is general but names.

David: I say! That's very good.

George Santayana: Yes, it means.....

Vello: It's the Parrot who needs to explain.....

Baby Terence: I can't see the back!

Sweezus: I can.

Baby Terence: What do we think then?

Sweezus. It'll grow out, man. Hair's freaky like that. Always growing. Look at mine.

(And indeed, his undercut is already in need of attention).

José arrives, with Arthur's bicycle, upon this chaotic farewell scene.

For that's what it is.

Take a look in the mirror, for a framed view of the Last Supper.

The Spanish philosophers, now planning to follow the Vuelta. (Alberto is winning! )

David and Vello, puzzling over the identity of the Chinese sage who awaits them.

Belle and Marie, trying to catch the attention of the bad waiter.

Schopenhauer wishing he had said that thing about names.... nothing is general, how clever.

Arthur devising Plan B to get rid of the Baby.

Sweezus at the end of the table, avoiding the Parrot.


No comments: