Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Betrayal At Three

Back in the caravan, Terence and Baby Pierre are surprised to see the Parrot, hovering.

Parrot! says Terence. How did I do?

You did amazeballs, says the Parrot.

See, says Terence, to Baby Pierre. I did amazeballs.

You didn't do anything, says Baby Pierre. You were in here with me. I was watching.

We're a team, says Terence. Me and my Parrot.

Freud returns, with the mayor of Adelaide.

They climb in. The caravan creaks.

We must have a discussion, says the mayor. This is just what the square needs.

Certainly, says Freud. I can deliver. Meet the Green Flash. Green Flash, meet the mayor.

Baby Pierre stands up to shake hands with the mayor.

What does he do? says the mayor. He's rather little.

Baby Pierre sits back down.

Terence stands up.

I'm Top Green Flash, says Terence. And this is my Parrot.

Pleased to meet you, says the mayor. Come to my office at three and we'll draw up a contract. The Parrot as well. I saw how it vanished. Amazeballs!

Wait, says Freud. As their manager.....

Got to go, says the mayor. Busy busy.

He goes.

You're not Top Green Flash, I am, says Baby Pierre. It should be me going to the meeting.

You just sat here watching videos, says Terence. While I was out splattering paint balls, and being amazeballs, and turning invisible.

Invisible, says the Parrot. See?

He hovers a few seconds, fluttering his iridescent wings, before once more becoming invisible.

I'm not entirely happy with that, says Terence. I can't do it.

Too too solid flesh, says Freud. Want to talk about it?

Will it help? asks Terence.

No, says Baby Pierre. He doesn't listen.

I do listen, says Freud. Now what time is it?

He looks at his watch.

Ten to three.


No comments: