Thursday, October 24, 2019

Chocolate On The Scab

This is excellent nougat, says Gaius. Was it expensive?

I got it for nothing, says Arthur.

How so? asks Gaius. It does not appear faulty.

By promising not to give Bruni a chocolate, says Arthur.

Ha ha! laughs Captain Bruni. His nougat whiskers waft in the breeze.

I take it therefore that you possess a chocolate, says Gaius.

Yes, says Arthur. But it's broken. Would you like half?

No thanks, says Gaius. You eat it. Unless.... you, P. krameri?

Never, says P. krameri. But if you could ease a nut out of the nougat, I'd eat that.

Gaius eases a nut from his nougat, and gives it to P. krameri.

Thank you, says P. krameri. Now I shall get back to my task.

Yes do, says Gaius.

He turns back to Captain Bruni.

Bruni is watching Arthur, who is eating one half of the chocolate.

Now he is licking his fingers.

Now he is wiping his fingers on his bare knee.

Leaving a faint chocolate smear on a scab, which has not yet dropped off.

Ouch! ejaculates Gaius. My tooth! I think I've cracked it.

The nuts, says Captain Bruni.

Drat, says Gaius. I may need a dentist.

P. krameri returns with a question.

What do spotted pardalotes like eating?

Gaius turns his attention from his cracked tooth to the relevant page in his notebook.

Hmm.....insects, larvae, manna gum.....and they especially like lerps.

Good, says P. krameri. Those are things I like as well. I'll start a collection. Attract them.

He goes off, to start looking.

Enterprising parrot, says Captain Bruni.

Parakeet, says Gaius. Yes he is.

What are lerps? asks Arthur.

Oh you know..... crystallised honey dew, says Gaius.

Mmm, says Captain Bruni.

Excreted by nymphs of jumping plant lice, adds Gaius.

Even more delicious, says Captain Bruni.


No comments: