Saturday, October 12, 2019

Flipper Coin

I guess Victor will be returning the cheese knife to Katherine, says Jinjing.

Yes, says Baby Bin Penguin.

I don't know what to do, says Jinjing.

Stay with me, says Baby Bin Penguin. They'll come back one day.

Or I could follow Victor at a safe distance, says Jinjing.

You decide, says Baby Bin Penguin.

Jinjing looks as though he is having a hard time deciding.

Do you know how penguins make a decision? asks Baby Bin Penguin.

No, says Jinjing.

Flipper coin, says Baby Bin Penguin.

I haven't got one, says Jinjing.

That was a penguin joke, says Baby Bin Penguin. And you didn't get it.

What? Flip a coin? says Jinjing.

Flipp-ER coin, says Baby Bin Penguin.

Ha ha, laughs Jinjing. That is pretty funny. But where can I get one?

Wait till someone drops one, says Baby Bin Penguin. But that doesn't happen too often these days.

That was dud advice then, says Jinjing. Anyway, I've decided I'm going.

Don't forget me, says Baby Bin Pengiun.

I won't, says Jinjing.

He flies off after Victor, towards Burnie, at a safe distance.

Victor doesn't stop in Burnie. He drives right through, heading for Wynyard.

Jinjing follows.

Victor pulls up in Wynyard. It's busy.

The Bloomin' Tulip Festival is on. It's the day of the Bloomin' Tulips Foreshore Market.

Aha! says Victor. Knowing the ladies, they'll have stopped here.

But Victor does not know the ladies as well as he thinks.

Margaret has no interest in a Foreshore Market.

And Katherine is a reliable person. If she has said she will meet a policeman somewhere other than a Foreshore Market, that is where she will be.

So Victor is fruitlessly checking out the Bloomin' Tulips Foreshore Market.

Jinjing is hovering above, at a safe distance.

People are buying produce, knick knacks, snacks, drinks and bunches of tulips.

It's chaos.

Perhaps they haven't stopped off here, says Victor, to himself. I'll proceed to The Wonders of Wynyard.

It's not far. He decides to walk there.

Katherine is waiting near the entrance.

There you are! says Katherine. You're late. Margret is fuming. Or she was, until she met an interesting person who knows all about the Alexander Technique.

Here's the cheese knife, says Victor. Recognise it?

Yes, says Katherine. It is mine. I recognise it.

Good, says Victor. Sign here please. Now I'll just print out a photo to attach to the report, and we're all done and dusted.

Why do you need a photo? asks Katherine. And what of ? Me or the cheese knife?

The cheese knife, says Victor. And I'll get you to sign on the back.

For heaven's sake Victor, says Katherine. Is there no end to the paperwork?

Nearly there, says Victor. Where's Terence?

With Margaret, says Katherine.

I'll just need him to re-identify the Peruvian hat, says Victor.

Didn't Bernie do that? asks Katherine. I assume it was his. Why didn't you return it?

You don't understand police procedure, says Victor. This is a complicated case, involving three items, and one is still missing. The parrot.

I see, says Katherine. Well, I'm off to to have a look at the Bloomin' Tulips Foreshore Market. You can tell Margaret I'll meet her back here in half an hour.

Victor enters The Wonders of Wynyard, feeling vindicated.

Ladies do like foreshore markets.


No comments: