Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Too Smart To Get Stolen

Can you do me a favour? asks Baby Bin Penguin.

What? asks Terence.

Reach in and get that plastic bottle, says Baby Bin Penguin. It's recyclable. Not meant for me.

I can't reach in, says Terence, trying.

I'll do it, says Jinjing.

Jinjing flies into the open beak of Baby Bin Penguin, and down amongst the rubbish.

Stinky old wrappers, sauce, plastic bags smelling of dog poo.

He grips the rim of the plastic drink bottle.

Urgh!

He must get out of Baby Bin Penguin, as soon as possible.

Oh no! He can't!

Baby Bin Penguin's mouth is not big enough to accommodate the egress of a parrot with a plastic drink bottle.

It's one or the other.

What's taking so long? shouts Terence.

Prob....! shouts Jinging, dropping the bottle to answer.

Prob, says Terence. What does that mean?

He can't get out, says Baby Bin Penguin.

I can, says Jinjing, poking his head through Baby's mouth. But not with the bottle.

Never mind, says Baby Bin Penguin. The council will sort it.

Now you tell me, says Jinjing.

He flies out, and lands on Terence's shoulder.

You stink! says Terence.

I'll go down to the sea and wash, says Jinjing.

He flies over the road and down to the water, where he is spotted by several children.

Maybe you should go with him, says Baby Bin Penguin. He might get stolen.

He'll be okay, says Terence. Let's tell more jokes.

No, says Baby Bin Penguin. Let's make up poems.

Okay, says Terence. I'll go first. This on'e about Jinjing, my parrot.

Jinjing my parrot
Won't get stolen
He is too smart
And no one would want him
He smells like a  fart.

Ha ha! laughs Baby Bin Penguin. Now me.

Jinjing your parrot
Flies down to the sea
Because he got stinky
Being in me.

Ha ha! laughs Terence.

Jinjing flies back, landing on Baby Bin Penguin. He shakes off the water drops.

What's so funny?

They tell him their poems.


No comments: