Thursday, December 3, 2020

Orange Means Lovable

Arthur and Terence arrive at Louisa's.

Saint Roley is waiting, outside the front door.

Guess what I got? says Terence.

Not a compass? asks Saint Roley.

Correct, says Terence. Not a compass, but I got a mood stone and I'm going to test it on Sweezus to see if he's cool.

Or stressed, says Arthur. Or fearful or nervous or normal or relaxed or calm or lovable or passionate or happy.

I imagine he's somewhere in the top three, says Saint Roley.

Why, what's happened? asks Arthur.

That's why I'm here, says Saint Roley. To warn you.

Go ahead, warn us, says Arthur.

Well, says Saint Roley, looking at Terence. Remember the Ear?

Course I do, says Terence. And guess what? Arthur found out that orange means lovable.

Focus, says Saint Roley. Remember that Louisa was going to do something with the grater?

No, says Terence. 

Yes, says Arthur. Let me guess. She grated the Ear.

Only gradually, says Saint Roley. 

My Ear? says Terence. I was going to tell him that orange means lovable because he was orange.

He was, says Saint Roley. Now he's more of a flavour.

In the sushi? asks Arthur. 

Yes, in the sushi, says Saint Roley. 

What about Sweezus? asks Arthur.

Victor wants him to answer some questions, says Saint Roley. He's waiting for you.

Questions about what? asks Arthur.

Some items have gone missing from the chemist, says Saint Roley. 

Woo! says Terence. We were just there. It's where I got this.

He shows Saint Roley the mood stone.

Saint Roley brushes it with a wing tip.

It turns orange.

No comments: