Monday, December 7, 2020

Stay Purple

Sweezus, Arthur and Louisa have cycled half way to Stokes Bay when Sweezus's phone rings.

Gaius! says Sweezus. What's up?

It's me, Terence, says Terence. Gaius is letting me use his phone.

So what's up? asks Sweezus. Are you and Gaius bird spotting?

Bird squashing, says Terence.

What's that? asks Sweezus. 

I'll tell you after the good news, says Terence.

What's the good news? asks Sweezus. 

I had a MOOD! says Terence. It was purple.

Purple, says Sweezus. What's that, happy?

Sad, says Terence.

I don't reckon it is, says Sweezus. I'll ask Arthur. 

He asks Arthur, who is right alongside him.

Purple means very happy, says Arthur.

Hear that? says Sweezus.

I'm not very happy, says Terence.

Why not, little buddy? asks Sweezus.

I squashed Baby-Glossy, says Terence.

As in ... now he's cactus? asks Sweezus.

Wah! says Terence. It was my fault even though Gaius says it wasn't.

You should believe Gaius, says Sweezus. 

What do you know? asks Terence. I jumped onto him from a bench he was under.

Was he just coming out? asks Sweezus. Sounds like an accident.

It was an accident, says Terence. But I made the accident. 

Good you're telling me, says Sweezus. Now put it behind you.

I'm doing a poem, says Terence.

That's awesome, says Sweezus. 

Gaius has already done one, says Terence.

Gaius? says Sweezus. What's his?

Baby-Glossy knew French and died under a bench, says Terence, summarising freely.

You can do better than that, says Sweezus.

I can't, says Terence. That's why I'm calling.

You want me to help you? says Sweezus. Okay. What's the first thing you think of when you remember Baby-Glossy?

Titty-laritty-tonton, says Terence.

Cool, says Sweezus. That was that sailor song he liked singing. Start off with that. 

Yay! says Terence. I've got my first line!

Yep! See how you go now. Stay purple, says Sweezus.

Terence wonders which purple, but it's too late to ask, because Sweezus has ended the call.


No comments: