Monday, October 10, 2011

Back Behind Bars

Sweezus turned towards Gaius and Victor.

I don't know what the fuss is about, he said. I'm writing my Velosophy article. It's about what happened to us with the penguin pie, but the ending is different.

I don't get arrested? asked Gaius.

You do get arrested, said Sweezus. So do I. But I escape, then I come back and rescue you.

Is that what you would have done? asked Gaius. Rescued me from prison?

Interesting, said Victor. That's illegal you know.

You don't know the half of it, said Le Bon David. He hears that Nunghausen's been released and he's so disappointed that he decides to manufacture fake evidence to put him back behind bars. He even kills and cooks a baby penguin to put in a pie.

False evidence. That's illegal too, said Victor.

Who's Nunghausen? asked Gaius, looking confused.

That's you, said Sweezus. I gave you a false name to protect your identity.

Outrageous, said Gaius. It makes me sound like a GERMAN!

What's wrong with that? said The VeloDrone. Some of my best friends are German.

I fought campaigns in Germania, said Gaius. And not on the side of the Germans. I object to the name Nunghausen.

I knew you wouldn't like it, said Belle et Bonne. But what about the penguin?

Don't tell me the penguin gets a German name as well! said Gaius.

No, said Belle et Bonne. But Sweezus calls himself Mephisto. And he thinks that gives him carte blanche to kill a little baby penguin.

It's just a story, said The VeloDrone. Stop fussing about it, my dear.

Yes, don't fuss about the penguin, Belle et Bonne, said Gaius. More importantly, what happens to me now I'm back behind bars?

No comments: