Wednesday, October 19, 2011

An Invitation to Geology

Everyone was leaving, except for Victor.

Sweezus and Belle et Bonne took a last ride down to Middleton, hoping to return the Mambo shorts to their owner.

Ahh, said Camus as he watched them disappear down the road. That reminds me of the days .....

Of course it does, said the VeloDrone. And that reminds me, have you finished your article for Velosophy by any chance?

I have, said Camus, I shall email it to you as soon as I get home. You'll like the ending.

The ending! That's what I've been waiting for, said The VeloDrone.

Very funny, said Camus. Well, goodbye all.

The Camus family got into their car and drove off in the direction of Victor Harbor.

Goodbye Victor, said Gaius. It was a very interesting weekend. I hope we meet again.

So do I, said Victor. I wonder if you have an interest in Geology?

Rocks! said Gaius. I certainly do.

How about your friends? said Victor, looking at The VeloDrone and Le Bon David.

Err..humm, said the VeloDrone. Rocks. Yes, yes, of course. Everything has its own particular interest. Particularly rocks.

Oh rocks, said Le Bon David. Indeed. One can learn a great deal from rocks, or so I've heard.

No truer words were ever spoken, said Victor. Well then, let me invite you to the next meeting of the Field Geologists Club. I shall be travelling to town for it on Monday. Meet me at the Mawson Laboratories at six o'clock, and I'll introduce you to my friends.

Wonderful, said Gaius. We look forward to it.

Yes, said The VeloDrone. We look forward to brushing up on rocks.

As a matter of fact, said Victor, I don't think this month's talk is going to be on rocks, directly.

What a pity, said Le Bon David. Then perhaps we needn't come.

No, no, you must come, said Victor. I assure you that you won't be disappointed.

No comments: