Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Revelation and Reconsideration

Sweezus stopped at Mount Compass for a bottle of spring water.

He reviewed his story so far. It had got away from him somehow. Mephisto had returned to Victor Harbor to rescue Nunghausen. Was that his own conscience telling him what to do?

Hmm, thought Sweezus. Maybe I'll....

Just then a young woman entered the cafe and walked up to him. It was Belle et Bonne!

Sweezus! she exclaimed. What are you doing here?

Escaping, said Sweezus. And reconsidering.

But haven't you heard? asked Belle et Bonne. There was no case to answer. And Gaius has gone whale watching with Victor the policeman. He phoned us to tell us the news.

Whoaa! said Sweezus. I'm escaping for nothing! Well, no, not for nothing. I'm writing this killer article in my head.

Oh Sweezus! that's wonderful, said Belle et Bonne. How's it going so far?

Gangbusters! said Sweezus. I've got names for my characters and everything. It's all about this escape, and the moral repercussions and philosophical implications. I call it the Nihilist Bicyclist.

Clever you, said Belle et Bonne. And what are the names of your characters?

Gaius is Nunghausen, and I'm called Mephisto, said Sweezus. Cool yeah?

Cool, said Belle et Bonne. But I wonder how Gaius will like being called Nunghausen. It makes him sound rather......German.

Does it? said Sweezus. It just popped into my head. I thought it sounded kind of intellectual.

Let's hope Gaius does, said Belle et Bonne. Now, are you wondering why I'm here?

No, said Sweezus. I assumed you'd come to look for me.

Not really, said Belle et Bonne. I'm with papa and Uncle David. We're going whale-watching with Gaius. Want to come back to Victor Harbor with us?

Alright, said Sweezus. I'll come if you're going. I'll think out the moral implications on the way.

Come on then, Mephisto, said Belle et Bonne. Let's get back on our bikes.

No comments: