Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Birds

Let me get this straight, said The Velodrone. Mephisto returned to Victor Harbor to rescue his friend.

That's right, said Sweezus.

Not quite in accordance with nihilism, said The VeloDrone.

It gets worse, said Sweezus. Turns out the friend doesn't need rescuing.

That's more like it, said The VeloDrone.

Is it? asked Sweezus.

It's more negative, said The VeloDrone.

Sweezus scowled.

Has anyone got any water? asked Le Bon David, catching up.

Here, said Sweezus. I've got a bit left.

I can't drink that, said Le Bon David. I only drink tap water. Carbon footprint, you know.

I'll finish it then, said Sweezus. And you can recycle the bottle.

I've got some water, said Belle et Bonne. Here you are, Uncle David.

Thank you my dear, said Le Bon David. I say, let's take a break.

They stopped under an olive tree.

So where will the story go now? asked The VeloDrone.

A fictional rescue, or whale-watching, said Sweezus. I haven't decided. What would you do?

As a philosopher, said The VeloDrone, I would advise you to stick to the truth.

Sweezus looked doubtful. He stood up.

I'm going for a walk, he said.

He wandered off into a field.

Moody chap, said Le Bon David.

There was a sound of angry birds squawking, and Sweezus came running back.

Freakin' BIRDS, said Sweezus. They swooped me!

Oh poor you, said Belle et Bonne. There's blood trickling all down your face.

Arrrghh! said Sweezus. I can't stand the sight of blood.

Lucky you can't see it then, said The VeloDrone.

Don't worry, Sweezie, said Belle et Bonne. I'll clean you up.

I hate birds, said Sweezus.

Suddenly he stood up, looking determined.

Right, he said. A rescue it is!

No comments: